Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Best B-Day Present Ever

As most of you know, my birthday this year was not exactly how I had envisioned it. However, as time has passed, as is usually the case with the passage of time, I gained a new perspective on my whole birthday fiasco. Jackson's nose is pretty much healed now; there is only some slight discoloration remaining. But, as I was reflecting the accident, I began to feel extremely blessed that his nose was not actually broken. To be honest, when I first saw it, I would have sworn that it was. However, when Denise told me that the doctor said that he looked at the x-rays, and concluded that the nose was not broken, I liked to jump for joy!!!! Not that a broken nose is anywhere close to being the worse thing in world, but it was welcomed news nonetheless. And, hearing that welcomed news on my birthday was truly a birthday present to be cherished.

10 comments:

Denise said...

I'm so glad it wasn't broken, too. And, I'm glad that you didn't freak out...too much. :) I'm sorry about your birthday. Next year you will have a much better day, I'm sure.

hdknowles said...

Do you only post when someone in the family has an accident? Glad Jackson is on the mend. Now, what are you doing for the anniversary?

Corinne said...

You know what I like about you Jimmy? How you are good at looking on the bright side :) I'm glad his nose is okay too. May your birthday next year be less exciting.

pete said...

Wow such a rough birthday sorry. But it must make you feel great when you read the post your wife put on her blog. What a great family look at those pictures and the love that comes through. Thank God that Jackson is ok.

pete said...

hmmm no new post here? bye

pete said...

hmmmmmmm

pete said...

hmmm no new posts here???/

brooke said...

I'm so glad Jackson is okay and his nose wasn't broken. You're right--stuff like that totally puts things in perspective.

I love that you have a blog. My favorite blogs are written by men!

pete said...

hmmm nothing yet??/

pete said...

actually it has been a year since Jimmy posted. :(